Do you love aviation? Are you a talented software developer? Say hello... firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a highly motivated team. We love to work hard and play hard. We are collectively driven to improve aviation safety, and this is your chance to join something amazing. Work in the fun & cool Ballard neighborhood of Seattle, WA and experience great restaurants, nightlife, and exercise opportunities. Enjoy the flexible benefits of working with a small team and see your contributions broadly impact our goals.
You will walk in the door as a hands-on self-starter who is motivated to learn.
You have a solid foundation in software design using best coding practices.
Knowledge of the following programming languages and frameworks. Ability to quickly pick up other languages and frameworks as needed
C# and .NET framework
C/C++ and STL
2D and 3D graphics rendering applications
Web server backend (node.js), and browser front-end environments
Microcontroller environments (i.e. Arduino)
MS Visual Studio in Windows
Knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn the following
Mathematical concepts (vector and matrix operations, trig)
Database design, usage and indexing concepts
Geospatial concepts (working with maps, coordinate systems, distance/bearing measurements)
Basic aviation concepts
Maintenance and deployment on Linux servers (configuring services, running backup routines, using bash scripts, etc)
Basic electronic circuits
Scalability, and performance optimization concepts. Memory management.
Best practices for software design and maintainability
Proper computer assembly and configuration process. Use of hard disk imaging tools.
General knowledge of graphics rendering using frameworks such as DirectX and GDI+
Use of project management systems, bug tracking, and version control systems.
X-Plane experience, writing plugins for X-Plane
Simulation aircraft and scenery development
Experience with CentOS, nginx, Redis, MongoDB, jQuery, Bootstrap, Git, JIRA
Now with all of that stated, we recognize that’s a long list of skills so if you’re a motivated, self-starter with some mad programming skills and still cutting your teeth in some of the other described areas, we may still have a great home for you here at one-G.
If qualified and interested please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Thanks!
Do you love aviation? Are you a talented technician? Say hello... firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a highly motivated team. We love to work hard and play hard. We are collectively driven to improve aviation safety, and this is your chance to join something amazing. Work in the fun & cool Ballard neighborhood of Seattle, WA and experience great restaurants, night life, and exercise opportunities. Enjoy the flexible benefits of working with a small team and see your contributions broadly impact our goals.
What you will do:
Produce FAA approved flight simulators. Fabricate, assemble, troubleshoot, and test complex electromechanical assemblies. Manage vendor relations and order parts. Manage an inventory system. Develop and improve documentation of test and QC procedures. Use CAD systems. Create dimensional drawings and work instructions. Perform a diverse variety of tasks in a manufacturing environment WITHOUT direct supervision. Use stationary and portable power tools with safety and quality as your principal concerns. Help to create and maintain production workflows. Solder, test and troubleshoot electronic components. Approach all tasks with our company mission, processes, policies, and procedures in mind.
- Provide detailed examples of past accomplishments displaying a high degree of mechanical aptitude.
- Pass a TSA background check.
- Demonstrate an ability to troubleshoot electronic circuits using a multimeter.
- Demonstrate an ability to explain a complex process in written form.
- Experience building, troubleshooting, or repairing electrical or mechanical equipment.
- Experience using hand and power tools.
- Experience using CAD software.
- Ability to read and create assembly drawings (Solidworks or Onshape experience a plus).
- Experience using an inventory system
- Bonus: You have a background in or knowledge of aviation. Poses experience soldering through-hole and SMT components, and/or experience operating a CNC milling machine.
- You smile and have manners.
- You finish what you start.
- You possess dexterity and rarely break things.
- You are goal-oriented and can prove it.
- You value and maintain a tidy work area.
- You possess the ability to remain productive and focused, despite distractions.
- You set a high bar for yourself, your contributions, the people you work with, the projects you work on.
- You love engineering but maybe don’t have a degree.
- You value quality over quantity.
- You are a lifetime learner and never rest on your laurels.
- You are busy, but you still smile and have manners.
Location: Ballard, Seattle, WA 98107
Compensation: DOE ($45-60,000/yr) Plus benefits after trial period.
Hours: Full Time (60 day trial period applies) Semi-Flexible start time.
APPLY: If you think you have what it takes we would love to hear from you. Send your current resume and a cover letter to hiring@flyone-G.com.